Oldest Sibling: Resource List
Books for Children
Ages 3 to 8
- Bad Baby Brother by Martha Weston Clarion Books, 1997
- Hannah's Baby Sister by Marisabina Russo Greenwillow Books, 1998
- Henry's Baby by Mary Hoffman Dorling Kindersley, 1993
Ages 8 to 12
- Chloe in the Know Judith Caseley Greenwillow Books, 1993
- Dealing with Being the Oldest Child in your Family by Elizabeth Vogel PowerKids Press, 2000
- Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary Dell, 1984
- Superfudge by Judy Blume Econo-Clad Books, 1999
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume, Puffin, 2003
- The Night Swimmers by Betsy Byars Econo-Clad Books, 1999
Books for Adults
- Birth Order Blues: How Parents Can Help Their Children Meet the Challenges of Birth Order by Mery Wallace H. Holt, 1999
Compiled by Catherine Smith, MLS, medical librarian at the Family Health Library, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO.
Published by RelayHealth.
Last modified: 2006-08-29
Last reviewed: 2010-06-04
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes
available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical
evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a health care professional.