Imaginary Friends: Resource List
Books for Children
Ages 3 to 7
- And My Mean Old Mother Will Be Sorry, Blackboard Bear by Martha Alexander Candlewick, 2000
- I Have a Friend by Keiko Narahashi Aladdin, 1998
- In the Attic by Hiawyn Oram Castlebridge Publishing, 1991
- Jessica by Kevin Henkes Mulberry Books, 1998
- Jimmy Lee Did It by Pat Cummings Sundance, 1996
- Meet My Monster by Paul Mann Reader's Digest Children's Books, 1999
- The Horse in Harry's Room by Syd Hoff Harper Collins, 2002
- The Magic of Old Oak Hill by Brooke Brownlow Publish American, 2005
- Rosy's Visitors by Judy Hindley illustrated by Helen Craig Candlewick Press, 2002
- When the Sun Rose by Barbara Berger Paperstar, 1997
Books for Adults
- Killing Monsters: Why Children Need Fantasy, Super Heroes, and Make-Believe Violence by Gerard Jones Basic Books, 2002
Compiled by Catherine Smith, MLS, medical librarian at the Family Health Library, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO.
Published by RelayHealth.
Last modified: 2008-08-11
Last reviewed: 2010-06-04
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes
available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical
evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a health care professional.