Fear of Water: Resource List
Books for Children
Ages 3 to 8
- D.W. All Wet by Marc Brown Little Brown, 1991
- Edward in Deep Water by Rosemary Wells Dial Books for Young Readers, 1995
- Katie Swims Anne Rockwell HarperCollins Publishing, 2001
- Let's Go Swimming with Mr. Sillypants by M. K. Brown Crown, 1986
- Sergio Makes A Splash by Edel Rodriguez Little, Brown, 2008
- Sidney Won't Swim by Hilde Schurmanns Whispering Coyote, 2001
- Swimming Lessons with Stewie the Duck by Stew Leonard Kimberly Press, 2005
- Tuck in the Pool by Martha Weston Houghton Mifflin, 2000
- When the Water Closes Over My Head by Donna Napoli Dutton, 1994
Ages 9 to 12
- Alice the Brave Phyllis Reynolds Naylor Atheneum, 1995
Compiled by Catherine Smith, MLS, medical librarian at the Family Health Library, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO.
Published by RelayHealth.
Last modified: 2010-06-04
Last reviewed: 2010-06-04
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes
available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical
evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a health care professional.