Fear of Storms: Resource List
Books for Children
Ages 3 to 8
- Do Not Open by Brinton Turkle Econo-Clad Books, 1999
- Franklin and the Thunderstorm by Paulette Bourgeois, Brenda Clark (illustrator) Econo-Clad Books, 1999
- Just a Thunderstorm by Mercer Meyer and Ginny Meyer Golden Books, 2003
- Master Man: A Tall Tale of Nigeria by Aaron Shepard Harper Collins, 2000
- Shaoey and Dot: a Thunder and Lightning Bug Story by Mary Beth Chapman, Tommy Nelson Publishing, 2006
- Storm in the Night by Mary Stolz Econo-Clad Books, 1999
- Stormy Days by Claire Henley Hyperion, 1993
- Thunder Cake by Patricia Polacco Philomel, 1990
- Thunder Doesn't Scare Me! by Lynea Bowdish Children's Press, 2001
- The Way the Storm Stops by Michelle Meadows Henry Holt, 2003
- When Fuzzy Was Afraid of Big and Loud Things by Inger Majer Magination Press, 2005
Ages 8 to 12
- The Buffalo Storm by Katherine Applegate, Clarion Books, 2007
Compiled by Catherine Smith, MLS, medical librarian at the Family Health Library, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO.
Published by RelayHealth.
Last modified: 2010-06-04
Last reviewed: 2010-06-04
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes
available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical
evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a health care professional.