Fear of Animals: Resource List
Books for Children
Ages 4 to 8
- Big Dog by Dale Gottlieb Puffin, 1992
- Chuck and Danielle by Peter Dickinson, Kees de Kiefte (illustrator) Delacorte Press, 1996
- Dog Magic by Carla Golembe Houghton Mifflin, 1997
- Fang by Barbara Shook Hazen, Leslie Holt Morrill (illustrator) Aladdin, 1991
- Jungle Dogs by Graham Salisbury Delacorte Press, 1998
- Leonard by Wolf Erlbruch Orchard Books, 1995
- The Great Big Scary Dog by Libby Gleeson, Armin Greder (illustrator) Tambourine Books, 1994
- A Dog Called Kitty by Bill Wallace Listening Library, 1996
- Bridget and the Gray Wolves by Pija Lindenbaum R & S Books, 2001
- Not Afraid of Dogs by Susanna Pitzer Walker Books for Young Readers, 2006
Compiled by Catherine Smith, MLS, medical librarian at the Family Health Library, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO.
Published by RelayHealth.
Last modified: 2006-08-29
Last reviewed: 2010-06-04
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes
available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical
evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a health care professional.