Death of a Parent: Resource List
Books for Children
Ages 4 to 8
- A Quilt for Elizabeth by Benette Tiffault Centering Corporation, 1992
- Geranium Morning by E. Sandy Powell CarolRhoda Books, 2001
- The Three Birds by Marinus Van den Berg Magination Press, 1994
- The Healing Tree Kathleen Hemery Centering Corp., 2001
- Saying Goodbye to Daddy by Judith Vigna A. Whitman, 1991
- Sunflowers & Rainbows for Tia: Saying Goodbye to Daddy Alesia Alexander Greene Centering Corporation, 1999
Ages 9 to 12
- A Place Apart by Paula Fox Farrar, Strauss and Giroux, 1995
- In the Quiet Adrienne Ross Delacorte Press, 2000
- Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume Econo-Clad Books, 1995
Books for Adults
- Guiding Your Child Through Grief by Mary Ann Emswiler Bantam Books, 2000
- The Grieving Child by Helen Fitzgerald Simon & Schuster, 1992
- When a Parent is Sick: Helping Parents Explain Serious Illness to Children by Joan Hamilton Rotterfield Press, 2001
Compiled by Catherine Smith, MLS, medical librarian at the Family Health Library, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO.
Published by RelayHealth.
Last modified: 2008-08-11
Last reviewed: 2010-06-04
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes
available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical
evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a health care professional.