Youngest Sibling: Resource List
Books for Children
Ages 1 to 4
- Shimmy the Youngest by Miriam L. Elias (illustrator) and Aidel Backman (illustrator) Hachai Pub., 1995
Ages 4 to 8
- Jamaica Tag-Along by Juanita Havill Econo-Clad Books, 1999
- Katie Did It by Becky Bring McDaniel Children's Press, 2003
- School by Emily McCully Econo-Clad Books, 1999
- The Littlest Duckling by Gail Herman, Ann Schweninger (illustrator) Puffin, 1998
- The Pain and the Great One by Judy Blume Econo-Clad Books, 1999
- You're All My Favourites by Sam McBratney Walker Books Ltd., 2004
Ages 7 to 12
- Dealing With Being the Youngest Child in Your Family by Elizabeth Vogel PowerKids Press, 2000
- Ramona and Her Mother by Beverly Cleary Econo-Clad Books, 1999
- The Kite Fighters by Linda Sue Park Dell Yearing, 2002
Books for Adults
- Birth Order Blues: How Parents Can Help Their Children Meet the Challenges of Birth Order by Meri Wallace H. Holt, 1999
Compiled by Catherine Smith, MLS, medical librarian at the Family Health Library, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO.
Published by RelayHealth.
Last modified: 2008-08-11
Last reviewed: 2010-06-04
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes
available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical
evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a health care professional.