Thumbsucking: Resource List
Books for Children
Ages 4 to 8
- David Decides About Thumbsucking by Susan Heitler Reading Matters, 1996
- Harold's Hideaway Thumb by Harriet Sonnenschein Aladdin Paperbacks, 1993
- Little Thumb by Wanda Dionne Pelican Publ Co, 2001
Ages 6 to 10
- My Thumb and I: A Proven Approach to Stop a Thumb or Finger Sucking Habit, For Ages 6-10 by Carol A. Mayer Chicago Spectrum Press, 1997
Books for Adults
- Helping the Thumb-Sucking Child: A Practical Guide for Parents by Rose Marie Van Norman Avery Pub. Group, 1999
The International Association of Orofacial Myology
970 Elizabeth Street
Denver, CO 80209
Compiled by Catherine Smith, MLS, medical librarian at the Family Health Library, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO.
Published by RelayHealth.
Last modified: 2008-08-11
Last reviewed: 2010-06-04
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes
available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical
evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a health care professional.