Spina Bifida: Resource List
Books for Children
Ages 9 to 12
- All Kinds of Friends, Even Green! by Ellen Senisi Woodbine House, 2002
- Featherless by Juan Filipe Herrera Children's Book Press, 2004
- Spinabilities: A Young Person's Guide to Spina Bifida by Marlene Lutkenhoff Woodbine House, 1997
Books for Adults
- Children with Spina Bifida: A Parent's Guide by Marlene Lutkenhoff 2 ed., Woodbine House, 2008
- Living With Spina Bifida: A Guide For Families and Professionals by Adrian Sandler University of North Carolina Press, 1997
Spina Bifida Association of America
4590 MacArthur Blvd., Ste 250
Washington, D.C. 20007
Its mission is to promote the prevention of spina bifida and to enhance the lives of all affected. SBAA provides many services, such as: Toll Free 800 Information and Referral Service, Bi-monthly Newsletter, Publications, Scholarship Fund, Public Awareness Campaigns, and Member Services.
National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities
P.O. Box 1492 Washington, DC 20013
National information and referral center that provides information on disabilities, and disability-related issues for families, educators, and other professionals. Its special focus is children and youth (birth to age 22).
Compiled by Catherine Smith, MLS, medical librarian at the Family Health Library, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO.
Published by RelayHealth.
Last modified: 2008-08-11
Last reviewed: 2010-06-04
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes
available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical
evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a health care professional.