Only Child: Resource List
Books for Children
Ages 3 to 8
- Impatient Pamela Wants a Bigger Family by Mary Koski Trellis Publishing, 2002
- Only Emma by Sally Warner, Viking, 2005
- The Lonely Only Dog by Adele M. Brodkin Scholastic, 1998
- Why Am I An Only Child? by Jane Annunziata Magination Press, 1998
Books for Adults
- Keys to Parenting the Only Child by Carl E. Pickhardt Barron's Educational Series, 1997
- Parenting an Only Child: The Joys and Challenges of Raising Your One and Only by Susan Newman, Broadway Books, 2001 (rev. ed)
- The Future of Your Only Child: How to Guide Your Child to a Happy and Successful Life by Carl Pickhardt Palgrave Macmillan 2008
- The Seven Common Sins of Parenting an Only Child: A Guide for Parents and Families by Carolyn White Jossey-Bass, 2004
- You and Your Only Child: The Joys, Myths, and Challenges of Raising an Only Child by Patricia Nachman, Ph.D., with Andrea Thompson HarperPerennial Library, 1998
Compiled by Catherine Smith, MLS, medical librarian at the Family Health Library, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO.
Published by RelayHealth.
Last modified: 2009-02-18
Last reviewed: 2010-06-04
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes
available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical
evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a health care professional.