Eating Disorder: Resource List
Books for Young Adults
- Beginner's Guide to Eating Disorders Recovery by Nancy Kolodny Gurze Books, 2004
- Eating Disorders: A Handbook for Teens, Families, and Teachers by Tania Heller McFarland & Co, 2003
- My Life as a Male Anorexic by Michael Krasnow Haworth Press, 1996
- Wanting To Be Her: Body Image Secrets Victoria Won't Tell You by Michelle Graham Intervarsity press, 2005
- Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia by Marya Hormbacher Harper Collins, 1997
Books for Adults
- Anatomy of Anorexia by Steven Levenkron W.W. Norton, 2000
- Eating Disorders: The Facts by Suzanne Abraham 5 edition, Oxford University Press, 2001
- Help for Eating Disorders: A Parent's Guide to Symptoms, Causes and Treatments by Debra Katzman: Robert Rose, 2005
- Help Your Teenager Beat an Eating Disorder by James Lock and Daniel Le Grange New York, Guilford Press, 2005
- If Your Adolescent Has an Eating Disorder: An Essential Resource for Parents by B. Timothy Walsh Oxford University Press, 2005
- I'm, Like, SO Fat! Helping Your Teen make Healthy Choices About Eating and Exercise in a Weight-Obsessed World by Dianne Neumark-Sztainer New York, Guilford Press, 2005
- Just a Little Too Thin: How to Pull Your Child Back From the Brink of an Eating Disorder by Michael Strober and Meg Schneider Da Capo Press, 2005
- Parent's Guide to Eating Disorders by Marcia Herrin Publishers Group West, 2006
- Talking to Eating Disorders: Simple Ways to Support Someone with Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating or Body Image Issues by Jeanne Heaton and Claudia Strauss NAL Trade, 2005
American Anorexia Bulimia Association
165 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036
Web site: http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
Help-lines, referral networks, public information, school outreach, media support, professional training, support groups and prevention programs.
Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention, Inc.
Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center
Provides information and resource on prevention and treatment, with listings of treatment centers, practitioners, online and telephone resources (both fee-based and free), and a monthly email newsletter.
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
Office of Communications and Public Liaison
National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders
Phone: (847) 831-3438
Something Fishy: Web site on Eating Disorders
Support group site includes a chat room and listing of online support groups. Features a monthly schedule of chat events, an interactive bulletin board, and a treatment finder that can be browsed by state and country.
Weight-control Information Network
6101 Executive Blvd., Suite 300
Rockville, MD 20852
National information service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), National Institutes of Health (NIH), which provides science-based information on obesity, weight control, and nutrition.
Compiled by Catherine Smith, MLS, medical librarian at the Family Health Library, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO.
Published by RelayHealth.
Last modified: 2011-02-16
Last reviewed: 2010-06-04
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes
available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical
evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a health care professional.