A Nephrology fellowship at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics provides a broad experience in inpatient and outpatient management of kidney diseases.
- The fellow is provided with many opportunities to work on teaching and presentation skills including the opportunity to present at local, regional and national venues.
- The section was named the "Outstanding Teaching Section" of the year by our Pediatric Residency Program in 2009-2010.
- Our transplant program earned national exposure when our Division Chief and Director of Dialysis/Transplantation, Dr. Brad Warady, was part of a recent television episode about a pediatric transplant patient on "True Life" on MTV.
- The fellow will gain experience in prescribing and managing all forms of dialysis in the neonate through the adolescent.
- Our fellows participate in the management of renal transplant recipients including preoperative evaluation, acute-post operative care and long-term follow-up.
- The fellow's research experience is integrated throughout the length of the fellowship, beginning with exploration of research ideas in the first year to implementation in the second and third years.