The Fellowship Program in Neurology at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics includes a thriving inpatient service, daily outpatient clinics and our own neurophysiology laboratory, which is located at the main hospital campus.
Highlights of the Program
- Our training program is run in conjunction with the University of Kansas Medical Center. Our residents receive superb clinical training in both the outpatient clinic and on the inpatient service while gaining experience in the treatment and management of a wide variety of pediatric neurological disorders.
- Residents on the child neurology rotations actively participate in both inpatient service and in the outpatient child neurology clinic. Residents will gain experience in the treatment of both common and uncommon pediatric neurological disorders.
- Rotations include 12 months of inpatient and outpatient child neurology, 12 months of inpatient and outpatient adult neurology, and 12 months of time in which the resident learns the clinical sciences on which child neurology is founded. A one-month rotation in child psychiatry is required.
- Our program offers monthly multidisciplinary conference in radiology, pathology, and neurophysiology. Fellows participate in a monthly journal club and monthly case conferences, both formal and didactic, with the Program Director.
- During the outpatient clinic rotation months, residents spend each week in a combination of the neurology, epilepsy, neuromuscular, rehabilitation, developmental, behavioral and genetics clinics.