Started in January 2003, the Family
(FAB) is comprised of about 20 families
who are, or were primary caregivers of a child who has been
cared for at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.
FAB meets once a month, and reports to the Children's Mercy
Executive Vice President and Co-Chief Operating Officer.
Family Advisory Board's goals
- Support the mission of Children's Mercy Hospitals and
- Promote a relationship in which family members and
professionals work together to ensure the best services to children
- Facilitate open communication for families
- Respect confidentiality
- Maintain realistic expectations
- Work to enhance the Children's Mercy experience for all
children and professionals