Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics' Cleft Palate/Craniofacial Clinic provides comprehensive care through innovative treatment options and expert surgical skills. We provide full programs in Missouri and Kansas and treat more patients each year than any other in the region.
Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Staff
Our multidisciplinary team includes fellowship-trained surgeons who collaborate with specialists in dentistry, ear, nose, and throat; genetics, and more to provide comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services. Our experts help minimize patient recovery time by using innovative, less invasive approaches to surgery.
Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Programs
Patients also benefit from an innovative blood conservation program, which greatly reduces the need for blood transfusions during surgery. Families planning to adopt children with cleft lip and palate can access pre-adoption counseling. And our social workers provide ongoing support and access to community resources.
- All of our surgeons are fellowship trained, and one surgeon is also double board certified in plastic and oral surgery.
- Our team treats more patients each year than other programs in the region.
- Families can preview surgery results through innovative 3D rendering technology.
- We have established full cleft craniofacial programs in Missouri and Kansas.
- Our team provides counseling for families seeking to adopt children with cleft lip and palate.