1. I want you to be likable.
2. I'm taken aback when you say you want the job right away.
3. I want you to stand out....
4. ...But not for being negative.
5. I want you to ask lots of questions about what really matters to you...
6. ...But only if the majority of those questions relate to work.
7. I love when you bring a "project."
8. I want you to ask for the job... and I want to know why. (I wouldn’t literally say “Can I have the job, but tell me WHY you want it.”
9. I want you to follow up... especially if it's genuine.
To read the full article by Jeff Haden click the link below.