Hello and welcome to the new Recruiter Buzz blog!
What’s all the ‘buzz’ about? A couple of weeks ago the recruiters at Children’s Mercy had a great idea -- a blog to communicate, to job seekers and internal associates, how to be successful in your job search That’s what we do after all, find people jobs. Our objective and focus for this blog is to provide you with useful information and insights into the job search process that will help you land your ideal job.
So, where do we start? Immediately, I researched words synonymous with “buzz”: comment, news, report, rumor, hearsay and talk. That’s it, we are going to chatter (also, synonymous with “buzz”) about the job-hunt. You’ll find viewpoints on recruiting, interviewing, finding the right job for you and everything in between. You’ll be hearing from all members of our recruitment team on topics such as:
- Preparing for the interview
- Make yourself “findable”
- Work history, job stability what employers look for
- How far should a referral take you?
- Should you apply to a job when you don't meet the minimum qualifications?
- The time it takes to review a resume and how important it is to sell yourself in 30 seconds
Along the way, we’ll want to hear from you. We would love to hear your feedback and what you want to see discussed in the future.
To get the ball rolling, we want to know: What is the most frustrating part of the job search process for you?