You might have a job, if...
- What time is it? Do you constantly check your watch? Do you try not to look at the clock hoping that time will go faster?
- You are out the door at quitting time every day.
- You pack up early so you can get out the door exactly at quitting time.
- You dread going into work on Monday mornings or any day of the week.
- You do just what you're told and nothing more.
- You don't try to improve your skills by reading books or following others on Twitter or Linked In?
- You call in sick often?
- You would rather be anywhere but here.
- You don't want to hear others talking about their career.
You might have a career, if...
- What time is it? Who cares. The day goes by fast since you are having fun.
- Quitting time does not exist. You want to come in early or work late. You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You realize it's way past quitting time and simply grab your keys and leave.
- You look forward to working regardless of the weekday.
- Not only do you offer insight when problems arise, you are looking towards the future to anticipate your employers business needs.
- You follow inspirational and informative leaders on Twitter and Linked In.
- Occasionally you tweet something inspiring or share a link so that others may learn something new.
- You only call in sick, when you have a fever or are fearful of spreading the illness to your co-workers.
- You want to be at work, in the moment, adding energy and providing positivity to your co-workers.
- When someone asks you what you do for a living, you say, "My career is...